TRA VISIONS project is organizing two competitions for transport research awards to be announced at the TRA conference in 2018: [DEADLINE 30th June 2017]
The TRA VISIONS 2018 YOUNG RESEARCHER COMPETITION, an academic student competition with the goal of stimulating the interest among young researchers and students in the field of sustainable surface transport.
The TRA VISIONS 2018 SENIOR RESEARCHER COMPETITION, a competition for senior researchers in the field of innovative surface transport concepts based on results only from EU-funded projects.
Both competitions cover all surface transport modes (road, rail, waterborne and cross modality) in line with the EC policy objectives for smart, green and integrated transport. The Scientific & Technical objectives are to nurture the best transport researchers in Europe, promote the alignment of their interests with those of transport stakeholders, encourage them to participate in the conference and celebrate their achievements. The process is two-way: students are inspired by the presentations at the main conference and mature researchers are inspired by the research and vision of the young.
The objectives of the TRA VISIONS 2018 project are:
- to make the TRA conference the premier series in its field in the world by stimulating the participation of university students as well as young and senior transport researchers in the TRA conference;
- to build a vibrant community of transport innovators and researchers in Europe thus fostering the interaction between specialists working in different modes;
- to promote an inter-disciplinary approach, linking basic science, socio-economics and applied sciences/engineering;
- to identify the top performing university students in all modes of surface transportation and the champions of transport research in the EU funded projects by means of a precise evaluation process and acknowledge their achievements;
- to disseminate knowledge and project findings with the final aim to develop innovative solutions for transport in Europe.
Both competitions are now open and participants can register and learn more information through the TRA VISIONS 2018 website here!